- Collaboration Tools
- Computational Cluster
- Data Storage
- Database Servers
- Virtual Servers
- Web Servers
- Public Policies
- Basic Research Support
- Clinical Research Support
- Software Development
- Mac, Linux and Solaris Support
- Biomaterial Tracking and Management (BTM) Core
Use Our Services
The Biomaterial Tracking & Management (BTM) Core offers a customized solution for all clients designed to meet your unique requirements. We work closely with the Cincinnati Biobank team, so combinations of services from both teams can be ‘fitted’ to meet the needs of your research group.
Our Services Include:
Demonstration and Needs Analysis
- Software Demonstration –High-level functionality of patient & sample data capture and retrieval (accessioning, storage, shipping, reporting, configuration). Customized demos are also accommodated upon request.
- Workflow Analysis –Meeting aimed at determining if the software will meet the needs of a particular research group.
- Software training – A demonstration of the functions of BTM that a particular research group will utilize, including configuration of appropriate drop-down lists.
Customized build, User Setup and Management
- Bank Setup – The setup initially happens in a test environment so the users can experiment with the software, then at the user’s request, the bank is setup in the production environment.
- User Setup – Only authorized users of a particular bank can see data in that bank. Users can be setup with or without access to protected health information (PHI).
Storage Setup –The setup for storage typically follows a hierarchy:
Site > Building > Freezer > Shelf > Rack > Holder > Slot.
Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) Data
- Data Migration – On a case-by-case basis, the BTM team will work with research groups to migrate data from a legacy system into BTM.
- Upload Process Development – Sometimes a research group’s workflow does not accommodate data entry of individual patients and samples, so BMI develops a method to perform ‘bulk’ data entry by filling out an Excel spreadsheet and placing it on a shared network folder.
Ongoing Error Monitoring
Data Quality Improvement – the BTM team provides an optional data error checking process. If the process discovers a potentially erroneous data element, users are notified via an automated email alert system, so the data can be promptly corrected.