- Before you can use CERF, you must have an active user account name and password. Contact email@example.com for an account.
- If you have local administrative rights on your computer, please follow the instructions below to install CERF.
- If you DO NOT have Admin rights, or if you are unsure then please contact the IS helpdesk @ 636-4100 for assistance.
- Download the Windows client.
- Save the client installer to your desktop.
- Launch CERFClientInstall_4_5b.exe from your desktop.
- If you get the following warning, don't panic - simply select "Run":
- The installer will guide you through the steps. Simply select next to continue the setup process.
- Once CERF has been installed, Windows may launch the Program Compatibility Assistant. Click "This program installed correctly".
- When CERF runs for the first time - it may need to download some additional components. This is normal. CERF will restart when the updates are complete.
Configuring CERF for Production Use
- Launch CERF from the desktop icon
- When CERF comes up for the first time - select Edit Servers... from the log in screen:
- Select "Edit Servers..." from the bottom center. Name your server "CERF Production" as we also have a Test Server that you may use for testing. Enter the server information just as follows:
Server Name: CERF Production
Server Address: eln.research.cchmc.org
Server Port: 443
Configuring CERF for TEST Use
- To add the test server - Repeat the above steps and add the following server information:
Server Name: Test Server
Server Address: testeln.research.cchmc.org
Server Port: 443
- When you've entered a new server, you can check to make sure it works. Press the "Test Connection" button. If everything is correct - you should see this:
- Press "OK" and then press "OK" again on the Edit Servers screen.
- Now, you're ready to log in.
- Enter your CCHMC username and password.