Before you can use CERF , you must have an active user account name and password. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an account.
- If you have local administrative rights on your computer, please follow the instructions below to install CERF.
- If you DO NOT have Admin rights, or if you are unsure then please contact the IS helpdesk @ 636-4100 for assistance.
CERF installation requires that you complete the following tasks:
- Download the CERF 4.5 Mac client installer
- Save the disk image to your desktop.
- Drag the CERF icon from the window onto the Applications folder icon.
- Click on the CERF application in the Applications Window
- Open the file. You may get a warning notification. Click Open.
- The installer will install CERF on your Mac.
- When CERF runs for the first time - it may need to download some additional components. This is normal. CERF will restart when the updates are complete.
- When CERF comes up for the first time, you will need to set up the production server
- Select "Edit Servers..." from the bottom center.
- Name your server "CERF Production 4.5" as we also have a Test Server that you may use.
- Enter the server information just as follows:
Server Name: CERF Production 4.5
Server Address: eln.research.cchmc.org
Server Port: 443
- To add the test server - Repeat the above steps and add the following server information:
Server Name: Test Server
Server Address: testeln.research.cchmc.org
Server Port: 443
- After you enter the information, you can check to make sure it works. Press the "Test Connection" button. If everything is correct, you should see this:
- Press "OK" and then press "OK" again on the Edit Servers screen.
- Now, you're ready to log in. Enter your username and password.
- That's it! Your CERF installation is complete.